Firstly, thank God for the safe trip through and flow to Brunei and Singapore.
I hope reading my 7 days OBBD (Outward Bound Brunei Darussalam) experience would not make you fall asleep or whatsoever cause it will only consist of pure plain text. No photos to show as I did not want to bring my camera to brunei.
Alright Lets label it by days then, starting from day 1 to 7. I will try my best to cut short if necessary.
Day 1Set off from CDA to Changi Airport at around 7.45 am, and actually reach airport before 9am. Had some briefing and head to have our breakfast over at T2's Mcdonalds. Next was checking ourselves in and had sometime to mingle around in the departure area. Board plane at around 10.30am. Arrive at brunei and begin my trip to OBBD. Upon arriving at brunei airport there is mini buses to pick us to the river taxi area, and we then transfer to the river taxi to the OBBD town, next then transfer to mini buses again into our OBBD Campsite/Headquarter. All in all I think we took more than 2 hours for those transferring journey. So as usual 1st day of camp, administrative stuff, surrender handphones and all, drawing of equipments etc. 1 hour before dinner we went for a 3km run. Not bad, I still can keep up and without stopping. Next was dinner. Abit of own time and sleep.
Day 2Woke up at 5.30am and surprisingly we need to do flag raising, and then was breakfast and then next was our 5km run. As usual if its a camp or course, as a trainee you won't know what is the training programme and it is all full of surprises. After lunch was told to pack up our trekking bagpack and to be ready in an hour time to go for a 4 days 3 night jungle trekking. That shocked everyone, as we don't expect it to be on day 2. But well. We set off around 2pm. Less than an hour everyone was already shagged till nothing can describe, just imagine we have to carry average of 20kg trekking bag each including our clothes, dry ration(can food,instant noodles etc) for the 4days. Trekking was a 1st time experience for 3/4 of us in the group so I can say nobody expect it to be that tough. Tough? Why tough? We actually have to go up and down hills, walk on cliff and muddy area, walk through plants full of thorns and all. I am not exaggerating. I actually have serveral cuts by plants and trees too. But I am fortunately enough not to fall into the valley despite having so many falls I had. Overshot our designated arrival timing, as we had trek the wrong way for the last 45mins. So we ended up pitching our tent in the dark around 6pm and in brunei. 6pm sky is as dark as 7pm back in singapore. Well, luck wasn't with us, it was raining heavily just shortly after the tent was pitch. We decided not to cook our meal and just have so canned food with plain breads, next due to super exhausted everyone slept before 8pm.
Day 3Seriously and freaking lazy to wake up as knowing that today will be the more tired day as we will have to go all the way up to the highest point of Temburong, which is called Bukit Lutuk. 1496 Feet = 456 metres = 152 story. Yup all the way up and all the way down the same day. Ended at campsite before expected time which is a good thing, so we could pitch tents earlier and also have a early rest.
Day 4Same old shit again... Trekking and only motivation is to keep walking and get out of the damn place. Well, the last night over at the juggle which is something that all of us is looking forward for. Well, as you can see during juggle trekking we didn't manage to get to bath and was definately stinky. So all we are looking forward for is Day 5 morning, the day that trekking ends.
Day 5Everyone was full of enthusiasm due to last 2 hours of trekking and we will reach back to base. So we did it. that's a good thing, never would I know I have such a high endurance level to complete the trekking, Not Bad Not bad. back to base at around 10am, was told to wash the equipments given and take a shower. SHOWER!! Shiok. haha. Next was lunch and they came out with another surprise. which is label as SOLO NIGHT. from the title you can see is SOLO AND NIGHT. means we have to individually spend our 1 night in the juggle. Yup. so we have to go skip dinner, supper and breakfast. We are each given the basic stuff that we need and not suppose to bring other stuff. So we have canvas shelter, 4litre of water, powder, insect reppellent and a piece of blank paper to write and reflect on whatever I have got to say for personal and the course. Yup.. We was send in to the juggle one by one and we have to shut our mouth and not talk till the next day. Well, as soon as i reached the place i suppose to spend my night, i started off with tying my shelter and then my ground sheet. okay so i started on my reflections, as there is still day light, we are not allow to bring any torch lights or lighters with us. So as soon as I am done with it. I was feeling damn exhausted and I slept and when I wake up was a black pitch. I can barely see my own hands too. Serious.
Day 6
The day that all of us was looking for as we was starving. haha. After lunch, another surprise. can get heart attack man.. But something nice and it was my 1st time as well. 2 men Kayaking, we kayak about 5 to 6km. and we was told to run back to our base. yeah. indeed a great work out. Next was dinner and then back to our very own cosy 'bunk'. Only get to spend the 1st and the last night sleeping in there, what a pity.
Day 7
A day that everyone was looking forward to, but then, we have to each complete our 10km run and then it is officially end of course. But well, I did it eventually. Its all mental I could say. I did it in a not very fast pace came in 1 hour and 10mins. Not bad I can say. Next we get change and receive our certificates and lastly the closing address. So we left the the base at about 12pm and reached airport around 5pm. As in between the muslims guys went for their prayers and all and this is a slack time for us. As usual the mode of transport coming and going back is like a 10 years journey. 7pm we board the plane and 930pm we reached Singapore. Home Sweet Home!!
Play with FIRE,